Rosin Press NY is a nationwide distributor of rosin pressing machines. These machines can be used for your business or in the confines of your own home. When purchasing a new personal or commercial rosin press machine, it is necessary to know how to use your rosin technology equipment. Although the pressing rosin process and solventless oil extraction is simple, you must make sure you are precise with your measurements, heat levels and timing.
How Pressing Rosin Works
Here is a quick step-by-step process on how pressing rosin works:
- The first part of the process is to make sure your flower material is broken down into small increments. After cutting your parchment paper , you must make sure to preheat your rosin press. The lower the temperature, the more flavor and stability of your rosin. The higher the temperature, the less flavor and stability. However, higher temperatures tend to produce more rosin per use.
- Next, wrap your flowers in the parchment paper you cut up and place it in the center of the flat platform on your machine. Make sure you press firmly for 4-6 seconds of pressure. You should begin to see the solvent-less oil you are extracting begin to form.
- After making sure the machine is cool enough to touch, remove your parchment paper from the press and carefully unfold it to reveal your rosin. Gently remove or scratch the rosin off of the paper and you are all set.
There are a few different applications across various industries that use a rosin press machine. So before purchasing a new machine, make sure you fully understand how you are going to use it. That way, you get maximum efficiency out of your machine, as well as save money and time by not need repairs or asking questions about how it works. If you do have any questions, though, the expert staff at Rosin Press NY understands the ins and outs of pressing rosin and will gladly assist you in any needs concerning rosin equipment and its process. Due to our years of experience, we have rosin pressing tips to help you get the best results possible.
ROSIN Pressing Tips
Which Material Should I Use?
Yields range significantly and depend largely on the quality of the materials used.
- Trim/Shake 10% - 15%
- Flower: 15% - 30%
- Kief / Dry Sift: 30% - 60%+
- Bubble Hash / Hash: 30% - 70%+
Note: Adequate application of pressure is important to achieve optimal yields, and these figures are based on averages tests. Results may vary and depend heavily on your material as well as the operator.
Which Micron Bag To Use?
Depending on your material, the proper micron bags are suggested but results will always vary.
For kief, dry sift, hash, and bubble hash, use a 36 micron bag.
36 micron bags will provide the highest quality product.
For trim, and shake, use a 90 micron bag.
The 90 micron bags will give you more filtration and slightly higher quality product.
For Flower, use a 160 micron bag.
The 160 micron bags provide proper level of filtration and high yielding microns for use with flower, trim, and shake rosin pressing.
What Temperature Is Ideal?
Lower temperatures (180°F-200°F) = more flavor/terpenes, less yield, end material is more stable (shatter-like consistency)
Higher temperatures (200°F- 235°F) = less flavor/terpenes, more yield, end material is less stable (sap-like consistency)
Answers To Your Pressing Rosin Questions!
Get A Free Quote For The Rosin Machine You Are Interested In
RosinPressNY has years of experience providing customers with the best rosin products on the market. We are a nationwide distributor of all that we offer. If you have questions about how pressing rosin is performed or about other rosin technology equipment, please contact us today. The number to call is: (516) 531-3344. We will happily answer any questions you may have about pressing rosin, as well as provide you with a free quote for a rosin machine.